Sample Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT (name) at (phone number)
EDUCATION AND CIVIL LIBERTIES GROUPS ASK FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO REJECT TAX AID TO RELIGIOUS SCHOOLS
GROUP INSISTS TUITION SUBSIDY WOULD VIOLATE FIRST AMENDMENT, CHURCH-STATE SEPARATION
A coalition of education and civil liberties groups are speaking out against proposed “school vouchers” that they say would bring the wall separating church and state tumbling down. They will discuss the importance of church-state separation at the federal building today.
- Where Federal Building, Room 104 (Corner of Main and State Streets)
- When Tuesday, July 28, 2 p.m.
John Smith, President Anytown Americans United Jane Doe, President Anytown PTA Mary Jones, Anytown Civil Liberties Union
Speakers will be available for questions following their brief remarks.
Americans United is a religious liberty watchdog group based in Washington, D.C. Founded in 1947, the organization represents 70,000 members and allied houses of worship in all 50 states.
Press Release Tips
- State what the event or press release is about concisely at the beginning of the press release.
- Explain why the event is taking place or why you are issuing a press release.
- Always list a contact person’s name and phone number for more information.
- Faxing or e-mailing the press release will be more effective than mailing it.
- Follow up the fax with a phone call.
- Recognize that reporters have deadlines and may not have much time.
- If the press release is announcing an event, detail who will be taking part in the event and where and when it will take place.