Letter to the Editor Planning Sheet
Take the article or editorial that you’ve chosen to write about, and use this analysis sheet to do a rough outline for your letter to the editor.
- Which article or editorial are you commenting on?
- What’s the topic that you’re going to write about?
- What’s wrong with what the reporter said in the article or a person quoted in the article said, what the columnist or editorial writer said in the piece?
- What’s your alternative view, in one sentence?
- List some of the facts or analysis points that support your view:
- Concluding comment, wrap-up for your letter to the editor:
This worksheet is reprinted with permission from the Virginia Grassroots Coalition.